Scoil Éigse is the official summer school organised by Comhaltas Ceoltóirí Éireann where Irish people and international students of all ages register for the various instrumental music, singing, dancing and Irish language classes.
The school provides workshops, lectures and sessions during Fleadh Cheoil na hÉireann.
It is the flagship event in the Comhaltas Education programme. Scoil Éigse provides a broad-based cultural educational experience for students, their families, other visitors and the general public.
RTE’s Kieran Hanrahan, himself a tutor at Scoil Éigse for many years and from Ennis, is Director of Scoil Éigse.
- Dr. Ciarán O’ Murchadha, Figures in a Famine Landscape (11am)
- Dr. Patricia Lysaght, ‘Tosnú maith: An Coimisiún Béaloideasa Eireann (1pm)
- Pat Costelloe, ‘A Century of Recorded Irish Music’ (3pm)
- Dr. Pádraig óg O Ruairc, The East Clare By-Election 1917 (11am)
- Tomás O Cadhla, Eolaíocht agus Teicneolaíocht sa CLG (1pm)
- Donnchadh O Cinnéide, Talk on Commandant Tomás Malone (3pm)
- Dr. Aine Hensey ‘The Rebel Priests of Mullagh’ (4.30pm)
- Martin Breen/Dick Cronin, Castles and Towerhouses of Co. Clare (11am)
- Micheál O Móráin, Saol Thomáis Aghais 1885-1917 (1pm)
- Dr. Michael Griffin, ‘Under the Influence: Tom Dermody & Robbie Burns (3pm)
- Joe Queally, The Fanore School Case (11am)
- Joe O Muircheartaigh, Toghchán de Valera in Oirthear an Chláir 1917 (1pm)
- Dr. Geraldine Cotter, ‘A Hub of the Tradition: Irish music in Ennis 1950-1980 (3pm)
- Dr. Tomás Mac Con Mara, The Mountjoy Hunger Strike (11am)
- Tim Dennehy, An Dragún Dian, Dónall O Conaill sa Traidisiúin Amhránaíochta (1pm)
- Daithí Gormley, Paddy Killoran (3pm)