Ballyvaughan Farmers Market is located at St John’s Hall in Ballyvaughan Village, County Clare and takes place every Saturday from 10am-2pm during the months of May-October.
Every Saturday, you can find a range of fresh local produce and home-made foods including; meat, fish, cheese, fresh fruit and vegetables, honey, preserves, jellies, sauces, hot and cold snacks, beverages, herbs, shrubs, cut flowers as well as paper crafts, wood crafts, jewellery, leather crafts, soap and other gifts. Enjoy the convivial atmosphere, attend a host of free interesting demonstrations and competitions during the season whilst listening to live traditional music. The market boasts an outdoor seating area and is a great place to enjoy lunch purchased at the market; a genuinely authentic taste experience on the EDEN award winning Burren Food Trail in the heart of the Burren.
When visiting the Burren why not support local growers and artisan producers at this unique Farmers Market? You won’t regret it.
2017 Competitions and Events
- Best Homebaked Brown Bread- 17th June
- Best Homegrown Potatoes- 22nd July
- Best Homegrown Wonky Vegetable – 26th August
- Best Homebaked Apple Tart – 9th September
- Best Homemade Preserve- 23rd September
- Best Homegrown Pumkin- 28th October
- ‘Raw Food Chocolate Treats’- with Crepe Chef Diana Rogerson – 20th May
- ‘Preparing the Best Meat Cuts’- with Artisanal Craft Butcher, Neil Hawes- 17th June
- ‘Honey- a Sweet Inspiration’- with Bee Keeper Frank Benson of ‘Burren Bees’.29th July
- ‘Authentically Thai- cooking demonstration’- with Chef Boo from ‘ Thai Cooking with Boo’- 5th August
- ‘ From Churn to Table-the Art of Making Butter’ – with Artist & Food Producer Sile Hynes- 2nd September