Win a Wonderful Holiday Break in County Clare
County Clare really is a special place to refresh your spirits, and even more so during these times. It’s where seascapes, landscapes and lakescapes all combine with a rich historical tapestry to set the backdrop
for a memorable holiday break. Clare offers so much in its contrasts and diversity that the biggest decision you need to make is where to begin. However, in this competition, we have made the decision for you.
If you are lucky enough to win, you will get to stay and explore historic Ennis and, from there, take in as much of Clare as you choose to during your break.
Your Holiday Break Accommodation
- You will enjoy a Two-Night / Three Day Stay in Ennis, for two sharing, staying at the award-winning Old Ground Hotel. The 4-Star Old-Ground Hotel is a beautifully restored 18th Century Manor House Hotel in the centre of Ennis Town. It is perfectly located to enjoy the historic town and to take in the wonders of Clare. Your two-night stay includes breakfast both mornings and dinner on one evening of your choice in the Brendan O’Regan Restaurant. The restaurant features an excellent menu, offering traditional cuisine with a modern-day creative twist.
Your Prize also includes:
- Tickets to the Cliffs of Moher Visitor Experience: The sheer scale and dramatic impact of the cliffs never cease to amaze and delight in equal measure. They rise to 702 feet (214 m) at their highest point and range for 8 kms (5 miles) over the Atlantic ocean. Take in a deep breath of fresh Atlantic Air. It’s amazing at any time, but never more so than at this time!
- Tour Tickets to the Aillwee Caves and Birds of Prey Centre: The Burren is a special place. Its geology, flora, cliffs, caves, archaeology and history set it apart as a place of great mystery and beauty. As part of your prize, you will get to explore its underworld at the Aillwee Cave in Ballyvaughan. On your tour, you will witness overground and underground marvels as you wander through the 26-acre site. You will take a stroll through Aillwee Cave with an experienced tour guide. Learn about the formation of the unique Burren landscape, marvel at weird formations and alongside the thunderous waterfall which sometimes gently sprays the unsuspecting visitor on this 35-minute tour. Afterwards, witness dynamic flying displays set against the dramatic Burren Landscape. See various different birds of prey and gain an insight into the amazing world of Raptors, their biology, conservation and the ancient art of Falconry. Don’t forget to stop into the Farmshop. Allow your foodie self to become lost here and see where the Award Winning Burren Gold Cheese is made.
- A River and Lake Cruise from Killaloe: East Clare and the Lough Derg Region are wonderful to visit. Your prize includes a one-hour tranquil boat tour on the River Shannon and Lough Derg with Killaloe River Cruises. Your tour will cruise north along the River Shannon and Lough Derg with stunning views and a journey through heritage and history. A commentary is provided on all interesting sites as you cruise by. You will get to relax and unwind on one of their modern boats taking in the magnificent scenery, wildlife, heritage, legend and folklore.
How to Win!
- You can enter the competition online via the link below (you must be 18 or over to enter).
- The competition involves just one multi-choice quiz question. Tick the correct answer!
- The competition closes on Wednesday, July 29, 2020.
- The competition may only be entered once. Entering more than once will disqualify.
- One lucky winner will be selected from the entries with the correct answer and will be notified on or before Friday, July 31, 2020.
- The prize must be availed of within 12 months of winning the prize (prize dates subject to availability).
Terms and Conditions
- The Prize Winner will receive written confirmation from ‘Visit Clare’ confirming the prize details and contact information.
- The Holiday Prize and all other components must be booked and availed of within 12 months. Once booked, dates are non-transferable.
- Specific dates cannot be guaranteed. The break is subject to advance booking and availability and may exclude peak dates e.g. public holidays and special events.
- When booking your holiday directly with the prize provider, you must advise that it is a Visit Clare Holiday Prize.
- There is no cash alternative available.
- The prize is strictly limited to the prize components detailed in the prize letter. Any other costs for any extras incurred by the prize winner are not covered and reside with the prize winner.
- Visit Clare does not accept any liability for loss or damages incurred, or responsibility for any claim, as a result of the acceptance of this prize. Visit Clare accepts no liability for any defects in damage to or loss occasioned by any prize.
- Visit Clare does not accept responsibility for travel/health insurance matters or accidents/fatalities associated with the break.
- Entry to this promotion shall be deemed full and unconditional acceptance of the terms & conditions.
- The promoter’s decision is final in all matters relating to the promotion and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of Ireland and subject to the jurisdiction of the Irish Courts.