Restoration took place of the old Kilkishen Church of Ireland building in 2013 which transformed the old ruins into a Cultural/Heritage Centre for use by the community of Kilkishen and visitors to the area.
The church was originally erected in 1811 as a place of worship for the local Church of Ireland Community. It was funded by a grant of £800 from the Board of First Fruits. The church closed in 1964 and it remained vacant and in a state disrepair until it was purchased by Kilkishen Development in 2013 from the Church of Ireland Representative Body. The Church of Ireland Representative Body have retained ownership of the surrounding burial grounds while Kilkishen Development has assumed the responsibility for the maintenance of these grounds.
On the 11th of May the doors finally opened to the public. Events of all types from music concerts, to cinema showings to dance classes are regularly held in the centre. The centre is also a lovely place to visit to look at fantastic restoration work.