This high-quality award-winning family-run hostel is changing the concept of what a hostel is all about. Located in the centre of Doolin, overlooking the village and out to sea, the hostel consists of two buildings and loves to cater for individual explorers, families and groups, while separate group accommodation is available.
The hostel offers:
– Superior private rooms with private bathroom to the standard of a B&B / budget hotel
– Family rooms with private bathrooms catering for families up to 2 adults + 4 kids
– Small dorms with shared bathroom
– Full self-catering facilities including kitchen, dining, living and drying room
– Outdoor gear wash area and storage
– Packed lunches and dinners can be catered for
– Small conferences up to 50 persons can be cater for.
The hostel’s group facilities are ideal for colleges, activity clubs and small conferences, but please note no stag, hen or similar celebration parties can be accommodated.
The hostel is just a walk away from the local Irish pubs offering live traditional music nightly. It is positioned at the start of the Cliffs of Moher Coastal Hiking Trail and is the closest hotel to Aran Island Ferries and Cliffs of Moher Cruises (15 mins Walk). It is the ideal place to stay when exploring the Burren with its lunar landscape, castles, forts and megalithic tombs.
The hostel has won the following esteemed awards including: Trip Advisor Gold Green Leader, Awards of Excellence 2013 / 14/ 15; Green Hospitality Gold Award, Accommodation of the Year 2014; Trivago Top Rated Hostel in Ireland 2015 (#24 of all hotels and lodgings in Ireland); Lonely Planet ‘Top Choice’, Rick Steves and Le Guide Routard Recommended.