Clare's Ultimate Golf Challenge - Registration Form
This event is closed for 2014.
Terms & Conditions of play
- €500 per team of 4 (any combination). Entries to be made online only www.clare.ie/golf
- A maximum of 100 teams can compete in the Clare Ultimate Golf Challenge. Online booking will close when capacity is reached. Your booking reference number will be emailed to you once payment has been made.
- Team of 4 where 2 must remain from the original team (Player A and Player B) while 2 players can be substituted at any time (Player C and Player D).
- 3/4 of current GUI / ILGU handicap applies. Full & 3/4 handicaps & GUI/ILGU numbers must be declared on all score cards.
- Holes must be played in sequence from starting point.
- Only 1 card per team from each Club permitted.
- Best 2 stableford scores to count at each hole.
- Best 4 cards to count with the 5th card to count in the event of a tie.
- Players must ensure cards are dated, signed and returned to the club immediately after their round. It is the clubs responsibility to check, verify the score, stamp and return the card to the organizers. Card will not be accepted by the Clare Tourism Forum from players directly.
- You must state at tee time booking that you are taking part in ‘Clare Ultimate Golf Challenge’ and quote the booking reference number. If you do not declare that you are part of Clare Ultimate Golf Challenge at time of booking you may be refused play.
- Each player must produce their GUI/ILGU card when they arrive at each course.
- Book your tee times early as to avoid disappointment.
- Tee times are subject to availability. Only one Clare Ultimate Golf Challenge booking per hour is permitted- this will be at each Clubs own discretion.
- The following tees to be used at each club to ensure everyone plays the same course:
- Doonbeg: White Markers for Men & Red Markers for Ladies
- Dromoland: Fixed White Stone for Men & Fixed Red Markers for Ladies
- East Clare: Fixed White Markers for Men & Fixed Red Markers for Ladies
- Ennis: Fixed White Stone for Men & Fixed Red Markers for Ladies
- Kilkee: White Markers for Men & Red Markers for Ladies
- Kilrush: Yellow Markers for Men & Red Markers for Ladies
- Lahinch: White Markers for Men & Red Markers for Ladies
- Shannon: Fixed White Markers for Men & Fixed Red Markers for Ladies
- Spanish Point: Green Markers for Men & Red Markers for Ladies
- Woodstock: White Stone for Men & Red Markers for Ladies
- Golf Club Tee Times:
- Doonbeg Golf Club: Monday to Thursday after 2pm.
- Dromoland Golf Club: All day Monday to Friday and Sunday afternoon from 12noon.
- East Clare Golf Club: All day Monday to Friday and after 2pm Saturday and Sunday.
- Ennis Golf Club: All day Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday AM only, Saturday and after 1pm Sunday.
- Kilkee Golf Club: All day Monday to Sunday excluding bank holidays.
- Kilrush Golf Club: All day Monday to Friday.
- Lahinch Golf Club (Castle Course): All day Monday to Friday.
- Shannon Golf Club: All day Monday to Friday and from 12 noon Sunday.
- Spanish Point Golf Club: All day Monday, Wednesday and Thursday.
- Woodstock Golf Club: All day Monday to Sunday.
- Qualifying to take place between 1st April and 30th September 2014. It is encouraged to play throughout the 6 months as tee times can be limited in the last 2 months.
- Any previous 1st place winners of the Clare Ultimate Golf Challenge final in Doonbeg are ineligible to qualify for the final for 5 consecutive years but are eligible to participate in the challenge.
- Top 8* team’s with best aggregate score (4 cards) will qualify for gala final to be held in Doonbeg Golf Club. Date for final to be confirmed.
- *A minimum of one place in the final will be reserved for an all ladies team provided a minimum of 5 lady teams are entered in the challenge. Substitution as per rule 3 in this case can only be ladies. If an all ladies team qualifies on merit they will be deemed the team to qualify for the final.
- Final to be scored as follows: Each team of four will be paired into two groups (team A & team B) which will play with other opposition. The teams will play a better fourball stableford competition. Both scores from team A and team B will count for the overall team score.
- Failure to comply with the Terms & Conditions of play will result in disqualification.
- It is the responsibility of each player to uphold the honesty and integrity of the game of golf at all times.
- Rules of golf apply and the decision of the organizing committee is final in the event of a query.