What is the Living Well with Arthritis & Related Conditions Course?
The Living Well with Arthritis & Realated Conditions course is a programme of non-medical interventions, designed to complement the medical treatment of conditions with simple but effective techniques.The course is taught over a six-week period in weekly two-hour sessions. Each group usually has 18 people and is led by two trained leaders.
Who is the course for?
The course is for anyone over the age of 18 with any form of arthritis and related conditions including Osteoporosis, Fibromyalgia, chronic back pain, Polymyalgia Rheumatica, Lupus, Raynauds disease and Scleroderma. It is taught over a six-week period, in weekly two hour periods.
How will the course help me?
The Living Well with Arthritis & Related Conditions course is designed to help you manage your pain, reduce your fatigue, improve your sense of well-being and meet & share your experiences, with people who are coping with many of the same issues as you.
Overview of the Living Well with Arthritis & Related Conditions course.
The course covers the following topics:
- Understaing Pain,
- The Pain Cycle,
- Action planning,
- Management techniques including pain management, distraction and more.
- Excercise including flexibility, strengthening, endurance, relaxation and more.
- Fatigue & energy conservation,
- Healthy living,
- Dealing with difficult emotions.
The Living Well with Arthritis & Related Conditions course costs only €32, reduced price formedical card holders is only €24.
You can also become a FRIEND of Arthritis Ireland for discounted price of €26. Here are some of great benefits you will receive:
- A copy of Big News magazine (4 issues per year)
- A handy arthritis friendly gift
- Regular information what’s going on around the community
- And, you will be helping thousands of other people living with conditions nationwide