This year, the 10th Burren Slow Food Festival will take again place in Lisdoonvarna. There will be talks, cookery demos and events which will focus on the delicious edibles that the sea and the land around us produce for us to enjoy.
A Farmers Market will bring you homemade delicacies from Clare and other parts of Ireland, and even from small farms in Italy!
For the kids, there will be free activities like bushcraft on offer so that they won’t get bored.
The weekend starts off with an amazing event: a Burren Champagne Picnic under the Cliffs of Moher!
Oysters of different provenances, paired with wine and stout
Whiskey & Chocolate
Wild Salmon & Champagne
- The traditional Burren Slow Food Banquet
- Bushcraft and Cooking for Kids
- Farmers’ Market
Some of the speakers will be
- Dr. Brendan Dunford from Burrenbeo
- Catherine Cleary from the Irish Times
- JP McMahon from Aniar, Galway
- Oonagh O’Dwyer from Wild Kitchen
- Leslie Williams guiding us through several tastings
- Burren Food Trail members Deborah Evers, Piotr Matijczak and Frank Benson