Brian Boru Heritage Centre
The Bridge, Killaloe, Co Clare
- The Brian Boru exhibition traces the life story of Irelands greatest High King; Brian Boru whose army defeated the invading Vikings at the Battle of Clontarf in 1014.
- An imaginative exhibition charts the history of Killaloe and its Celtic and nautical significance.
- An audio-visual presentation of the route the canal boat took while making deliveries from Dublin to Limerick.
- The touch screen facility provides a range of extensive information on the area.
- Open May to Mid Sept. Admission is from 10am to 5pm , Last admission 4:30pm.
- GPS @52.807496,-8.440075
The Brian Boru Heritage Centre elaborates on the theme of Celtic Ireland. Dedicated to the 11th century's high king of Ireland Brian Boru who was born in Killaloe this centre calls to mind the life of Brian the various sites & buildings in Killaloe. The Heritage Centre provides background information on Brian Boru, the greatest high King of Ireland, born a few miles outside the village of Killaloe.The friendly Shannon Heritage staff have an in-depth knowledge of things to see and do.
While you are there make sure to visit Killaloe/Ballina,charming little towns on either side of the bridge made up of narrow streets, flanked by old shops along the steep hill looking down over the 13th century cathedral