Roadford, Doolin, Co Clare
- The Great Stalactite, It is your only opportunity to see such a large free hanging stalactite anywhere in the world.
- An incredible 7.3 metres (20 feet) in length.
- It was awarded 4 stars by Rosita Boland. .
- This is a magnificent geological phenomenon.
- Perfect for families.
- Hourly tours (on the hour) every day from 10:00am - 5:00pm.
- Open all year round.
- Situated in an appealing tourist location , the Great Stalactite at Doolin Cave, is but a few minutes from Irelands premier tourism attraction The Cliffs of Moher.
Doolin Cave is one of Europe's most compelling cave attractions. It is a truly authentic experience. 'The Great Stalactite' It is your only opportunity to see such a large free hanging stalactite anywhere in the world.
From the moment you descend over 80ft into the first tunnel, with your guide, you will enter a world carved by water. Donning your hardhat, you will follow the rough-hewn route of the early explorers who first discovered the cave. When you enter the stunning, cathedral-like dome that houses the huge stalactite, you will be briefly plunged into a world of primitive darkness. Then, in a flash, you will be awed as the subtly-lit stalactite appears before you. And, far below, a magical stream carries to the hills outside, the water that carved the primeval world around you.
The cave tour takes approximately one hour. Environmental protection measures require that we limit the numbers per tour to 20 people.
If you have the spirit of an explorer within, then you will really enjoy the experience of visiting one of the great geological wonders of the world. The Great Stalactite, at The Doolin Cave.