Dolphin and Nature Centre
The Square, Carrigaholt, Co Clare
- Learn about the resident group of Bottlenose Dolphins and their habitat.
- Information about local geology, archeology, heritage sites and nature walks.
- View local marine species on display in salt water fish tank.
- Videos, reference library, dolphin sounds (recorded by our hydrophone).
- Display tables of preserved marine creatures, shells, fossils and skulls.
- Local tourism information provided.
Open June to September. Located in the village square, The Dolphin and Nature Information Centre offers local tourism advice on land-based dolphin, whale and bird watching, and local walks of archeological and geological interest. Learn about the Bottlenose Dolphins at the Mouth of the Shannon and this remarkable habitat.