Burren Smokehouse Visitor Centre
Kincora Road, Lisdoonvarna, Co Clare
Phone: 00353 (0)65-7074432
- Learn about the smoking of salmon
- Taste our smoked salmon
- Look at our first kiln and smokebox
- Discover the mosaics all around the Burren Smokehouse
- Free parking
- Browse in our shop for delicacies and gifts from Ireland
Call into the Burren Smokehouse Visitor Centre and get a tasting of our Burren smoked Irish salmon. Then watch a DVD presentation about the smoking process (free of charge) - available in English, German, French, Italian and Dutch. You can discover mosaics inside and outside our shop, and look at the first kiln we used when we first set up the Burren Smokehouse.
The Burren Smokehouse is a family-run business that was set up in 1989 by Birgitta & Peter Curtin. We carefully source our Irish quality raw materials for the Burren Smoked Salmon, Trout, Mackerel, and Cheese.
We are associated with Slow Food Ireland and help organise the annual Burren Slow Food Festival which takes place every May in Lisdoonvarna. We are also member of Good Food Ireland.
We are passionate about our local and Irish foods that you can buy in our gourmet shop. Our range includes:
* Our own smoked organic salmon, smoked mackerel, trout; we only use fish caught or grown in Ireland
* Irish craft products, gifts, beauty products and clothes
* Delicacies like jams, chocolates, biscuits, fruit wine from County Clare, mead, seaweed products, seasonings, honeys
* Locally produced dairy, goat and sheep cheese specialties
Free parking available, as well as access and facilities for the disabled.
We offer a world wide mail order service in our visitor centre and on our website - pick from our wide range of products and have it shipped to yourself or your friends and family as a souvenir from Ireland.
Feel free to ask us any questions you may have, we will be happy to answer them for you.
The centre can also cater for groups of up to 50 people – booking in advance is necessary.