West Clare Railway
Moyasta, Kilrush, Co. Clare
Phone: 065 905 1284
- Old dining carriage renovated for our tea/coffee area and souvenir shop.
- The original station house with living quarters, kitchen, bedrooms, toilets,
- Ticket office and waiting room.
- Percy French, Are you right there Michael? memorabilia.
- The highlight- One of the original West Clare Railway steam engines “The Sliabh Callan” brought back to it’s former glory is back on track burning coal and carrying passengers.
The importance, magnitude and impact of the birth of the West Clare Railway on the local transport system of County Clare is beyond measurement. The story has been well documented over the years, in book and in song and can now be seen in person. A museum has been recently added to the attraction. It houses 5 working diesel engines, 2 carriages altered to provide reception and refreshment facilities together with informational technology, and an engine shed with pit.