Michael Cusack Centre
Carron, The Burren, Co Clare
- Visitor centre dedicated to the founder of the Gaelic Athletic Association, Michael Cusack
- Discover his Gaelic legacy of hurling and Gaelic football
- New and unique Audiovisual experience
- Meet the ghost of Michael Cusack in his original 1850s cottage
- Conference/meeting facility available onsite
- Light refreshment area onsite
- Gift shop onsite
- Free car parking
- Allow 1 hour for your visit
- 1km from Carron village
- Opening Times: 10am to 5pm daily April to October (Last Admission 4.30pm). Winter Tours by appointment
- A must see attraction in County Clare
Step back in time with the “ghost” of Michael Cusack at his homestead. The Michael Cusack Centre, located in the heart of the Burren, County Clare is a unique experience not to be missed. Dedicated to the founder of the GAA and located on the original homestead, this new centre is an enthralling experience for young and old alike. The centre, which welcomes individuals as well as large groups, has ample free parking with a shop and light refreshments available.
Trace the steps of this unique individual from the home he grew up in, and learn about his love of sport and his passion for the traditional sports of Ireland that led him to establish the Gaelic Athletic Association.
Discover a revolutionary new multimedia experience, the first of its kind in Ireland. Unique holographic projections facilitate a face-to-face encounter with the “ghost” of Michael Cusack in his homestead.
Also, explore the uniqueness of the Burren, its ecology, its built heritage and how this environment has supported a unique way of farming for over 5,000 years.
Of both historical and cultural significance, the Michael Cusack Centre is a “must see attraction not to be missed” on your visit to County Clare.
Opening times are 10am to 5pm daily April to October (Last Admission 4.30pm). Winter Tours by appointment only.