Burren Birds of Prey and Educational Centre
Aillwee Cave, Ballyvaughan, Co Clare
Phone: 065 7077036
- Largest and most varied collection of Birds of Prey in the country.
- Home to Eagles, Falcons, Hawks, Vultures and Owls from all over the globe.
- Breeeding Pairs that provide a unique opportunity to see these birds up close in specially designed pens.
- Interactive information boards provide further insight into all aspects of Birds of Prey.
- Education and Information in the ancient art of Falconry raises awareness of indigenous species and the environmental issues involved in their protection and conservation.
- Affiliated to bird release programmes on a national level, including the White Tailed Sea Eagle release programmes and the reintroduction of Red Kites.
- Flying Displays that provide the opportunity to see many species in dramatic free flight.
- Hawk Walks (by appointment) which are a guided walk with experienced handlers, opportunity to handle, fly and feed your very won hawk, a unique opportunity to interact with nature.
We are very pleased to welcome you to the Burren Birds of Prey & Educational Centre. Here you will find the largest selection of birds of prey in the country and if your timing is good the added bonus of our breathtaking displays of birds in free flight. The centre offers: The largest and most varied collection of birds of prey in the country. A home to eagles falcons hawks and owls from around the globe. Breeding pairs that provide a unique opportunity to see these birds up close in specially designed pens. Interactive information boards that provide further insight into all aspects of birds of prey. Education and information in the ancient art of falconry while raising awareness of indigenous species and environmental issues involved in their protection and conservation. Flying displays that provide the opportunity to see many species in dramatic free flight from Aillwee Cave. Hawk walks- which are a guided walk with an experienced handler giving you an opportunity to handle fly and feed your own hawk.