The Square, Carrigaholt, Co Clare
- See and Learn about Bottlenose Dolphins in their Native Habitat
- Guided by Qualified Marine Naturalists
- Breath-taking Dramatic Coastline
- 52ft Passenger Vessel with Optimal Dolphin Viewing
- Underwater Hydrophone
- Pelagic Seabirds, Rare Coastal Species, Grey Seals and More!
- 17 years of Dolphin Watching Experience
- Leader in Responsible Wildlife Watching
Dolphinwatch Carrigaholt is on the Loop Head Penninsula where the River Shannon opens out to the Atlantic Ocean giving you the opportunity of seeing and learning about Bottlenose Dolphins and a variety of wildlife surrounded by dramatic cliffs in this Special Area of Conservation.
There are about 140 Bottlenose Dolphins living at the Mouth of the Shannon where strong tidal currents draw in vast shoals of fish. The dolphins are watched with the utmost care and respect and usually approach the boat for an up-close encounter. The calves (baby dolphins) are especially playful and curious.