Ennis Walking Tours
St Brendans, Lifford, Ennis, Co Clare
Phone: 087 648 3714
- Tours run every day except Wednesday and Sunday at 11:00am from May to October. Evening tours available on request.
- Meeting point is in the centre of town just outside the Ennis Tourist Office (in Temple Gate Hotel courtyard).
- Duration is approx 1 hour 15 mins.
- Cost is €8 per person (Children accompanied by adults are free).
- Pre payment is not required for these public tours – just show up at the meeting point and join.
- Ennis Walking Tours also offers private tours year-round.
Experience a journey through time on our Guided Walking Tours through the winding streets of medieval Ennis, Co. Clare. Our experienced guides will lead you through the atmospheric streets and “bow-ways” of the town, while revealing the intriguing characters and stories that shaped its history. Hear tales of famine and poverty, murders and hangings, rebellions and riots. Learn about the mythology and legends of the town – from banshees to Biddy Early (the magical lady of Clare who was tried for witchcraft in Ennis). Discover how the most powerful men from Ireland’s past – amongst them Daniel O’Connell, Eamon de Valera and Charles Stewart Parnell were closely linked to the town. Gain an appreciation for the skill and passion of our national game of Hurling and during our pub stop, develop an understanding of Clare’s unique contribution to the traditional Irish music scene.