Banner Equestrian Centre
Toonagh, Fountain, Ennis, Co Clare
Phone: 065 6823487
- BHS AIRE Approved
- Instruction at all levels from beginners to advanced
- Group classes are run daily Monday – Friday
- Private riding lessons
- German speaking riding lessons
- English language lessons can be arranged
- Treks over farmland and quiet country roads
- Cross country course
- Weekly pony camps during Easter, Halloween and Summer Holidays from 9.30 to 3pm.
- Camps cover flatwork, cross country, showjumping, pony games, trekking, grooming, competition and prize giving on final day.
- Hunting can be arranged with Clare Hunt or Beagh Group.
- Western Region Riding Club shows
- SJI registered Showjumping Leagues are run in spring and autumn
- Sportsman Leagues for unregistered competitors
- Mini, midi, maxi competitions
- Full livery for horses and ponies
- On site accomodation
Banner Equestrian are a family run equestrian venue set in 100 acres of rolling countryside and secluded wooded areas in the Burren Region of County Clare, Ireland. Our facilities include an impressive indoor riding school, spacious outdoor showjumping and practice arenas, cleverly designed and carefully constructed cross country course with simple fences for beginners and challenging obstacles to suit even the most advanced and adventurous horse and rider combinations.
Alternatively we offer quiet, relaxing treks through the 100 acres of farmland, down winding country lanes and through our woodland which is densely populated with Ireland’s best known wildlife providing ample opportunity to de-stress in the heart of the peaceful countryside and to really feel at one with nature.
Banner Equestrian is family owned and run. Instruction is given by owners Noel BHSII and Simone BHSAI.
Noel is a former international competitor in ponies. He was on the Irish team at the Junior European Championships in Holland. He spent 3 years in Switzerland riding for Max Hauri and Uli Huber. He was also a recipient of the prestigious Golden Saddle Award winning training with Olympic Medalist Peter Robeson. He also competed on the Irish showjumping circuit for many years before setting up Banner Equestrian.
Simone learned to ride from the age of six with renowned trainer and buyer of Irish Horses, August Fuchs, in Switzerland. She concentrated on dressage and showjumping bringing on novice horses. She took her instructors exams in Ireland before setting up Banner Equestrian with Noel.
Noelle has already followed in her parents footsteps and has ridden two 128cm and two 138cm ponies from novice to Grade A with numerous wins.