Corkscrew Hill, Ballyvaughan, Co Clare
Phone: 065 7077168
- The service is available all year round with walks taking place twice daily during the Summer months.
- For a full days walking a packed lunch is required.
- Dawn and sunset walks can be arranged as can week long and weekend packages.
- A days programme depends on the visitors requirements, weather conditions and safety factors and is at the guides discretion.
- Tour fees depend on each clients requirements and the standard half day rate is 15 euro per person.
Burren Hill walks provide a unique walking expeirence exploring the geology, botany and archaelogy of the Burren. The walks range from gentle rambles to rigorous hill climbs and are provided all year round.
Shane Connolly is a native of the Burren. He has a diploma in Archaeology from the National University of Ireland, Galway and a diploma in Local and Regional Studies from University College Cork. Shane is also qualified with a certificate in Agribusiness and followed that on to complete a degree in Business Studies and he is a cattle and sheep farmer at Corkscrew Hill, Ballyvaughan. An experienced guide and walking leader in the Burren, Shane enjoys good conversation and a laugh. His interests include placenames, stone wall construction and folklore.