The Old School B&B
Cross, Loop Head, Co. Clare
Phone: 065 6703666 / 086 1549402
- The Old School B and B is a recently renovated victorian primary school and home to Ian and Teresa
- WiFi available
- All rooms en suite - two double rooms and a family room. The doubles have TV
- We are close to a variety of local pubs and restaurants offering traditional fayre from locally sourced produce
- We have facilities for cycle storage, dry room and network closely with local guided walks, sea fishing, cycling, art school and dolphin watching
- Pre arranged transport can be provided
- Packed lunches available
- Board Failte 3 star rating
A former school (c1893) situated in the small village of Cross on the scenic Loop Head peninsula, within in the heart of a rural community. The School has recently been completely renovated and tastefully restored to a high standard to retain its character and charm with modern comforts.
The area is famed for its natural beauty, tranquillity and breathtaking coastal scenery. Some local attractions include: Dolphin watching, deep sea fishing. Cycling routes, bird watching, whale watching (at certain times of the year.) and Golfing. The Atlantic coast is renowned for scuba diving, surfing, sea angling and walking. Kilkee 8 miles away hosts a Golf course, beautiful clean and sandy beach (blue flag quality), with plenty of good restaurants and eating places. There are several local beaches, the nearest being 2 miles away. There are various pubs and restaurants on the peninsula offering traditional hospitality, good food and music nights.
Come and stay on the Loop Head peninsula, it does not matter how you travel be it by car, cycle or on foot we can accommodate your individual needs. You will be exhilarated by the experience we can offer.