Doolin, Co Clare
Phone: 065- 7074040
- We have nine spacious rooms available, including a ground floor room with step-in shower. We can also cater to families as well as single travelers.
- Each room is tastefully decorated with period antiques and have views of the surrounding countryside, hills and pastures.
- A kettle is available in the sun room but feel free to bring your tea or coffee back to your room if you wish.
- Room amenities include -
- Tub/shower combination OR step-in shower
- Orthopedic beds with electric blankets
- Hair dryer and dressing table
- Extra blankets and pillow
Fernhill Farmhouse is a working cattle farm in the heart of North County Clare at the edge of the Burren, one of Ireland's natural wonders. Fernhill Farmhouse was originally built as a priest's house more than 200 years ago but was ultimately sold as a family home and working farm. The house has been continually occupied and farmed since that time.
Fernhill opened its doors to guests nearly forty years ago and have been privileged to serve people from all over the world. Fernhill Farmhouse is ideally situated midway between Doolin Village and the town of Lisdoonvarna. Whether you're traveling for business or pleasure or for the Micko Russell Memorial Weekend in Doolin or the Lisdoonvarna Matchmakers Festival, you're sure to find a welcome and relaxing stay with us.
The sun room is a wonderful place to relax. There are panoramic views of the surrounding countryside from this room and plenty of natural light. Guests are welcome to enjoy a cup of tea or coffee from the trolley. And a traditional afternoon tea can be arranged with advanced notice. This room is an ideal meeting place where guests gather after an evening's entertainment in one of the nearby pubs.
Every morning between 8am and 930am we serve a traditional Irish breakfast in our dining room. On cold mornings we light the turf fire. Box lunches can be provided with advance notice. Evening meals and intimate romantic dinners can also be prepared especially for you with advanced notice. All meals are prepared fresh with locally grown produce.
The parlor is a quiet place where guests can kick off their shoes after a long day to catch up on the news of the world on TV, read by the hearth, or even tinkle the keys of our upright piano. The parlor is the perfect place to gather with friends to discuss the day's adventures over a cup of tea or coffee, or to meet in the morning before you set off on another expedition.